If you were wondering what to do with your kids this summer now that some many activities have been canceled the Out-of-School Network has an answer.
It will offer a free summer camp in Flint from June 22 to July 31. It will just be a little different. It’ll be virtual.
This year’s summer camp will provide distance-based, virtual programming for students through social media, Google Suite, YouTube, and Zoom Video Conferencing.
To participate in virtual programming, the child must have access to a computer, tablet, smartphone, or a school district assigned Chromebook or iPad, including access to the internet. For those who don’t have internet, Comcast is currently offering free internet service to those who need it.
The programs offered include:
- Music Explorers
- Music Production with Bangtown
- STEM with Sloan Museum
- RMF Applewood Tours
- Nutrition with MSU Extension
To register please click here.
Here’s how the virtual program will work:
- Zoom will be used for group video chats, sharing projects, and program discussions in the chat.
- YouTube will be used to watch instructional videos from instructors that are prerecorded and can be watched at any time.
- Google Suite will be used to share virtual activities, links, PDFs, and websites that will complement program activities.
The Out-of-School Network is comprised of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Flint, Sylvester Broome Empowerment Village, YMCA of Greater Flint, and other youth service organizations in the Greater Flint community.
The organizations are committed to keeping the young people who participate in the program safe, say Tauzzari Robinson, CEO Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Flint, and Maryum Rasool, executive director Sylvester Broome Empowerment Village.
The organizations will actively monitor member activity participation the summer camp program and will make every effort to protect member information by:
- Maintaining control of, and access to, the data collected
- Prohibiting re-disclosure of member information
- Limiting the purposes for which the online platforms may use member information
- Ensuring there is no advertising and that no member information is collected for commercial purposes
If you have any questions, please go to firstname.lastname@example.org.