Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for March at locations throughout Flint.
Residents can access foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron including oranges, apples and potatoes, as well as milk, according to backers including the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative, according to the collaborators. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last.
March dates for mobile pantry stops by location include:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Highway
- Monday, March 4, 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 11, 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 18, 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 25, 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road
- Tuesday, March 5, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 12, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 26, 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway
- Thursday, March 7, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 14, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 21, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 28, 10 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road
- Friday, March 8, 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry
- Saturday, March 9, at 9 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, March 13, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, March 16, 9 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, March 20, 10 a.m.
- Luke NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, March 22, 10 a.m.
- First United Church, 1116 W. Hill Road.
- Friday, March 29, 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at three Flint Help Center locations:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Editor’s Note: Distribution schedules sometimes change. Organizers recommend verifying the distribution stop prior to heading out. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.