Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for September at locations throughout the city.
The mobile food pantry stops distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Produce expected to be available to families in September includes sweet corn, watermelon, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, potatoes and canned chicken.
Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. September dates by location are:
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, Sept. 3, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 10, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, Sept. 5, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 19, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 26, at 10 a.m.
- Refuge Temple Church of Flint, 4400 W. Carpenter Road.
- Saturday, Sept. 7, at 10 a.m.
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Saturday, Sept. 7, at 10:30 a.m.
- Lapeer Gardens, 2324 Lapeer Road.
- Saturday, Sept. 7, at 3 p.m.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, Sept. 9, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Sept. 16, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Sept. 23, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Sept. 30, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Monday, Sept. 16, at 9 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road, Flint
- Monday, Sept. 16, 10 a.m.
- Fairhaven Seventh Day Adventist Church, 1379 W. Louis Ave.
- Wednesday Sept. 18, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 10 a.m.
- Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, Sept. 20, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, Saturday, Sept. 21, at 9 a.m.
- Urban Renaissance Center, 2505 N. Chevrolet Ave.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24, at 11 a.m.
- Divine Revelations Church, 6815 Verdun St.
- Saturday, Sept. 28, at 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled, according to the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.