Summer’s here and it time to get out the kayak (or borrow one) and get ready to paddle on the Flint River.
The Flint River Watershed Coalition is holding guided kayaking trips along various stretches of the Flint River in both Genesee and Lapeer Counties several times a month June through October. Here’s the schedule:
- June 3 Sunday Paddle – Paddle through Flushing – 10:30 a.m.
- June 16 Saturday Paddle – Fun on the Flint – 10:30 a.m.
- June 27 Wednesday Paddle – Lovely Lapeer – 5:30 p.m.
- June 28 Thursday Paddle – Full Moon Float – 8 p.m.
- July 14 Saturday Paddle – Wild and Wonderful Flint – 10:30 a.m.
- July 19 Thursday Evening Paddle – Twilight Paddle – 5 p.m.
- July 27 Friday Paddle – Full Moon Float – 8 p.m.
- August 2 Thursday Evening Paddle – Escape your Day – 5 p.m.
- August 4 Flint River Corridor Alliance 5th Annual Flotilla Tenacity Brewing to Mott Park (plans are being finalized)
- August 26 Sunday Paddle – Full Moon Float – 8 p.m.
- September 5th Lapeer Wednesday Paddle – 5:30 p.m.
- September 8th Saturday Paddle – Lazy Day Paddle – 10:30 a.m.
- September 15th Saturday Paddle – 10:30 a.m.
- September 27th Thursday Paddle – An Evening with Yak – 5 p.m.
- October 7 Sunday Paddle – Fall Color Float – 10:30 a.m.
Most trips are suitable for all experience levels and ages 10 and up; younger children can participate on some trips if riding with an adult. Limited space and kayak rentals available, pre-registration is required and should include participant’s name, phone number, email, number of people attending, ages if under 15, and if any rentals are needed.
Participants should allow for time between arrival and launch for registration and shuttling. Trips are only $10 per person for participants with their own kayak or canoe and $15 for rentals. Cost includes experienced guides, shuttling, water and snacks, sunscreen, bug spray and insurance.
Trip information is subject to change.