Flint’s “moving mini-market” is back and bigger than ever, according to organizers.
Three help center locations – Bethel United Methodist Church, Asbury United Methodist Church and Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ –will add ground turkey and burger to the produce that’s available at all locations in April, according to the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
All mobile food pantry sites distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron such as tuna, baked beans, potatoes, cereal and carrots. The program is funded through the more than $249 million in state taxpayer funds that have been provided to help the residents of Flint.
Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. April dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, April 1, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 8, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 15, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 22, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 29, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road
- Tuesday, April 2, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 9, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 16, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 23, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 30, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, April 4, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 11, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 18, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, April 10, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Friday, April 12, at 9 a.m.
- Luke N.E.W. Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, April 19, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Technology & Community Center of Greater Flint, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, April 17, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, April 13, at 9 a.m.
- Fairhaven Seventh-Day Adventist Church, G-1379 W. Louis Ave.
- Wednesday, April 24, at 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.to 2 p.m.
Area residents are encouraged to verify the distribution schedule, as changes occasionally do occur. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.