It’s fall harvest time and some of season’s tastiest crops will be among the nutrious food available during mobile pantry hours set for October at locations throughout the city.
Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure, which are rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Food available in October will include hard squash, sweet corn, onions, carrots, potatoes and bell peppers. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last.
October dates by location are:
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, Oct. 1, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, Oct. 3, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 10, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 17, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 24, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 31, at 10 a.m.
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Saturday, Oct. 5, at 10:30 a.m.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, Oct. 7, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 14, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 21, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 28, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, Oct. 12, at 9 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road, Flint
- Saturday, Oct. 12, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, at 10 a.m.
- Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, Oct. 18, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, Oct. 19, at 9 a.m.
- Urban Renaissance Center, 2505 N. Chevrolet Ave.
- Tuesday, Oct.19, at 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
Editor’s Note: The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has provided the Flint mobile food pantries since February 2016 in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint.