Words matter. And, in Flint and Genesee County, there are plenty of good ones thanks to renown authors like “A Mentor and her Muse” author Susan Sage.
Many will be on hand at the Genesee District Library’s Local Authors’ Showcase, a part of National Library Week celebrations taking place throughout the U.S.
This year’s event will take place on April 6 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Grand Blanc-McFarlen Library.
“Our community is rich with authors in all genres,” said Kelly Flynn, Community Relations Manager at GDL. “We are proud to bring them together for this fabulous event.” These genres include fiction, mystery, fantasy and self-help.
“Everyone should stop by,” said GDL Community Relations Assistant Jackie Hatcher. “There are so many wonderful authors to meet and talk with. There’s really something for everyone.”
Guests will get an opportunity to mingle with authors, hear their back stories and get their favorite books signed.
Guest authors include:
- R. A. Andrade –The Field Trip
- Martin Barillas – Shaken Earth
- David M. Burke – Return of the Founding Fathers’ Guardians
- Lolita Cummings Carson – A Cow Needs a Tail for More Than One Summer: Life Lessons from Mom
- Boyd Craven III – The World Burns Series, Devil Dog Trilogy, Good Fences, Opus Trilogy
- Erin Cruey – The Ripple Affair, Reign of Change, When Dreams Break
- Patty Duffy – Give or Take, Driftwood Fire
- Lois Farley-Ray – A Glitch in Time
- Jennifer Fisch-Ferguson – Enter the Moon, Howl at the Moon, Follow the Moon
- Gary Flinn – Remembering Flint, Michigan, Hidden History of Flint
- Brenda Hasse – A Lady’s Destiny, On the Third Day: An Afterlife Journey, The Freelancer
- Gabriel Klasing – Stone Princess, The Adventures of Roseberry and the Little Unicorn
- M.A. Levi – Flames to the Beast, Beast Blood, A Drop of Universe
- Donald Levin – Crimes of Love, The Baker’s Men, Guilt in Hiding, The Forgotten Child
- Pam Malow-Isham – Brilliant Words to Grow By: A Devotional Celebrating the Duality of Life
- Chris Mapham – Traffic Stop, Traffic Stop: Valknut
- Rose (Clark) Morris – Chronicle of the Seventh Son: Black Panther Mark Clark
- Susan Sage – A Mentor and Her Muse
- Benita Smith – The Life I Live While Waiting to Be Happy!
- Wendy Sura Thomson – Summon the Tiger, The Third Order
- Raye Turonek – Compelled to Murder, Bah Humbug: An Anthology
- Keywana Wright – Walking in God’s Destiny, 31 Daily Prayers for the Virtuous Woman
Editor’s note: For more information, visit thegdl.org.