It’s a totally rad idea.
1980’s icons like Mary McFly, Madonna, Ronald Regan and others are popping up all over Flint to promote 80’s In the Hole RiverFest.
This is the second year for the event. This year it is done in collaboration with RiverFest, which celebrates the Flint Riverfront Restoration downtown. 80’s In the Hole RiverFest will take place Friday, June 22 from 4:00-11:00 p.m. and is hosted by Kettering University at the park at Atwood Stadium.
Besides all the rad 80s music and memories they will be vehicles on display, food trucks and a beer tent.
Activities will include:
- Kayak races on the Flint River with 80’s era prizes
- Kayak raffles and other vendor giveaways throughout the night
- 80’s era parking lot games, including ‘Giant Connect Four,’ ‘Wacky Trykes,’ and ‘Inflatable Twister.’ Hopscotch, hula hoops, and more
- Best Dressed contest – winner will receive two tickets to see Styx, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and Tesla at DTE Energy Music Theater on Friday July 6
- Local food and other vendors and a beer tent for guests 21 and over
- VIP parking and awards for any 80’s-era car – so bring your DeLorean or IROC-, and bag a radical parking spot
- The 80’s sounds from Jedi Mind Trip
So dig out your slap bracelet, old Walkman, Trapper Keeper, Rubik’s Cube and other 80’s memorabilia and come on down. It’s going to be gnarly, groovy to the max and totally tubular.
The cost is $5 per person.
Since it is a celebration of the Flint Riverfront restoration we thought you might like to learn more about the Flint so we included the following video.
80’s In the Hole RiverFest sponsored by:
- Hagerman Foundation – key sponsor for RiverFest
- IROC-Z-28 Sponsors: Applegate Chevrolet, CN Railroad, General Motors, Wade Trim, Piper Legal, Hamo Law Firm, Diplomat, Kettering University, Drs. Bobby and Nita Mukkamala, Northgate.
- Back To The Future Sponsors: Al Bourdeau Insurance, Al Serra Auto Plaza, ELGA Credit Union, Ghassan and Manal Saab Foundation – Lake Agency, Huntington Bank, Piper Realty Company, Gazall Lewis & Associates Architects, Mott Community College, Mike Sewick, SkyPoint Ventures, John Tosto PLC
- Pac-Man Sponsors: Kiran and Laxmi Devisetty, Hagerty Insurance Agency, Rising Star Group, LLC – Ed Fletcher, Midstates Bold and Screw, Miller Industries, MTA, Matt Norwood, and Rowe Professional Services