Comfort food doesn’t need high carbs and added calories when it’s wholesome and delivered close to home. The free mobile food pantry, sponsored by the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, carries its special brand of comfort to customers once again throughout November at locations throughout Flint. Groceries rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron, including apples, carrots, potatoes, onions and squash are available on a first-come, first-served basis to families and residents at various neighborhood locations.
Funded with more than $300 million in state taxpayer funds provided to help support residents of Flint, the pantry serves the community on a monthly basis. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last.
Upcoming dates are:
- Saturday, Nov. 4, at 11 a.m. – Higher Quality of Life, 5601 N. Saginaw St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Thursday, Nov. 9, at 11 a.m. – Fairhaven Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 1379 W. Lois Ave.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. – Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. – Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. – Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, at 10 a.m. – Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, at 11 a.m. – Church Without Walls, 4121 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, at noon – United Methodist Community Center, 4601 Clio Road.
- Friday, Nov. 17, at 10 a.m. – My Brother’s Keeper, 101 N. Grand Traverse St.
- Friday, Nov. 17, at noon – St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Saturday, Nov. 18, at 11 a.m. – Church Without Walls, 4121 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 22, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Tuesday, Nov. 28, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, at 11 a.m. – Richfield Academy, 3807 N. Center Road.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.